четверг, 20 января 2011 г.

Abracadabra in my mind. Part2

   The second story with functional programming - it's my familiarity with scientific language Haskell. He is no more and no less mystical than LISP. The most common myth - Haskell created to study the properties of Haskell.
  In the last century - yes, perhaps. But today, Haskell is a powerful tool for software development. Yes, he is a bit nonstandard, for people accustomed to the imperative style. But he has one undeniable advantage - he is very strong in the calculations, and it is truly an aesthetic code.
  I'll make a formal presetation. Haskell it is a polymorphically statically typed, lazy, purely functional language, quite different from most other programming languages. The language is named for Haskell Brooks Curry, whose work in mathematical logic serves as a foundation for functional languages. [link]
   Materials for the study of this language is sufficient if a good search. Russian-speaking is the fundamental book of the author Dushkin. However, in my opinion in many respects an explanation in this book was much too confusing and complicated. But to study just syntactic core, this book is good. Just for learning the basics, I found a very popular book - Learn you haskell for Great Good. But it is in English. Although it is much better to pick up the material and style of its presentation.
   Again, to test their new knowledge in a "battle", I turned to freelancing. A familiar pattern - Odesk -> Project -> employer -> contract -> completed the project - got money.
   The familiar feeling that I chopped nuts with microscope. Understanding that I'm not understand everything in the language. And once again return to the folio, and again to study, but more detailed and thorough. With the retreat to the books with the necessary additional information.
   In future posts, I will report "progress" in learning the two languages that are interesting to me at the moment, apart from the language of algebraic rewriting, with whom I have associated dissertation.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий